Congress bolstering Hindutva: JD(U)
Patna: A key NDA ally, Friday criticised Congress for bolstering the strength of `Hindutva` and trying to break the standing social alliance between OBCs
and minorities "for garnering votes in UP assembly polls", party`s national spokesman Shivanand Tiwari alleged today.
Reacting to the Centre`s decision to carve out a sub-quota of 4.5 percent for minorities within the 27 percent reservation for OBCs, Tiwari described it as
"What have you (the Congress) done, you don`t know
really... the Congress has played a role to help bolster the
strength of Hindutva and demolish the social alliance between
the OBCs and minorities continuing ever since BJP leader LK
Advani embarked on a rath yatra on the Ayodhya issue", Tiwari
"We were the real forces to check the rise of Hindutva
after Mandal Commission and the social alliance between the
OBCs and minorities came in handy at that time to stop the
forces of Hindutva from raising their ugly heads", Tiwari told
a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!