Congress calls fasts of leaders on Telangana a `political stunt`
Chennai: Congress on Saturday described the indefinite fasts by YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy and TDP supremo Chandrababu Naidu in protest of the Centre`s decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh, as a "political stunt".
"Earlier, Jagan made a statement that he was for Telangana.. Now, he is on a fast... TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu was the first to give a letter seeking Telangana. Now, he will be sitting on a fast. This is not correct," Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas Panabaka Lakshmi said at the sidelines of an event here.
"People are reading newspapers, they are watching TV. Everybody knows what is happening. So, no need to bluff. Even a child knows what is happening in Andhra Pradesh. These are political stunt," Lakshmi, hailing from Andhra Pradesh, said.
Asked whether she would resign as her colleagues did in protest of the party`s decision to bifurcate the state, Lakshmi said, "I don`t want to resign. That`s their decision. I am Congress worker and I will oblige my High Command."
The minister was here to commence rolling out of the sale of 5kg LPG cylinders at petrol pumps and launching portability of LPG connections across oil marketing companies.
The 5kg LPG would be available at Rs 504 in select petrol pumps in the country, while existing LPG customers may opt to switch over to another company using portability, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'