Congress calls Narendra Modi mentally retarded, says he needs IQ test
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress retaliated strongly to Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Naredra Modi`s remark that the party practices "politics of division and spews poison," Gujarat Congress president Arjun Modhwadia on Sunday said that Modi is mentally retarded and should get his IQ test done.
"What Sonia Gandhi said on `zeher ki kheti` was the ideological poison which many organisations and political leaders highlight which harms the nation, but Modi linked it with farmers` suicide,” said Modhwadia.
He added, “Modi is so mentally retarded and needs an IQ test done on why he couldn`t understand such a silly thing.”
Today, addressing a rally in Meerut, Modi accused the Congress of putting one religion against another, one caste against another and one state against another.
"Sonia Gandhi has told Rahul that power is poison. Who has been in power for most of the time during the last 60 years?.. In whose stomach has this poison gone? Who is spewing this poison? Who is harvesting the poison? They (Congress) are the ones who sow the seeds of poison," the BJP prime ministerial candidate said at a rally here.
He said the country is seeking answers from Congress to its issues but its replies are wayward. "People are asking Sonia Gandhi why farmers are committing suicide, her reply is people are sowing seeds of poison."
Modi`s counter-attack came a day after Sonia Gandhi at a rally in Karnataka accused Modi and BJP of indulging in divisive politics by "sowing seeds of poison" (zeher ki kheti) and instigating violence in their "hunger" for power.
Meanwhile, Union Minister Rajiv Shukla said,"Modi can say whatever he wants, but people know the truth. How he poisons the society. He wants to target the Gandhi family in every possible way.
"He (Modi) says anything. Everyone knows how he tries to poison the society... Why are people talking about it and why is this fact among the people. His explanations are not going to work."
Congress leader Rashid Alvi said, "Modi has done it and has proved to us how power can become poison. And that is why it has been said that seeds of poison are sown in Gujarat.“
“What questions does he want answered? He said the production in Gujarat has increased, that sugar production has increased two-three fold. Has he said what was the production ten years ago? Did he say how much sugarcane a farmer produced in an acre earlier and how much he produces now under Modi`s government?" Alvi added.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister