Congress can’t politically engage with Narendra Modi: BJP
Udaipur: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Sunday criticized the Congress for not being able to politically engage with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi which was the reason for the party not being able to take an internal decision on their Prime Ministerial candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Speaking to media persons here today, BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitaraman said that Congress’ repeated loses to their party in Gujarat has left the ruling party confused.
“On the political stage, it is not clear how the Congress engages with Modi. They have lost three elections in Gujarat against Modi and, before that, two other elections were lost to the BJP. The Congress have lost total of five elections in Gujarat. Thus, they do not know how to be a strong candidate against Modi in Gujarat. Forget about winning, they cannot even compete with strength in Gujarat. …They aren’t firm on their stand with regard to Modi. They must admit that they have failed to politically engage with Modi and have been confused in the past and are still are,” Sitaraman said.
There has been much debate regarding BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate in the past few months, but Sitaraman on Sunday confirmed that an internal decision on the matter has not been taken yet. “He (Narendra Modi) is handling the mandate of Campaign Committee Chairman for now. Nothing has been decided within the BJP about the Prime Ministerial candidate, so don’t be confused about that. We do not share the same confusion. The Party will decide who will be the Prime Ministerial candidate, we cannot respond to your suggestions,” Sitaraman added.
Earlier today, Bharatiya Janata Youth Morcha (BJYM) demonstrators took to the streets of New Delhi protesting against BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha’s statement which endorsed Senior party leader LK Advani as their Prime Ministerial candidate.
Sinha had earlier controversially praised Janata Dal (United) chief Nitish Kumar deeming his credentials “Prime Minister material.” However, BJP President Rajnath Singh had assured earlier this month that there is an internal consensus on the party’s Prime Ministerial candidate.
Nitish Kumar`s JD(U) had walked out the NDA after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was elevated to Chairman of the Campaign Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'