Congress casual on Lokpal: BJP
New Delhi: Minutes after Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal announced that the Parliament would debate on Jan Lokpal on Saturday, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, on Friday claimed the government actually wanted to hold the debate on Monday.
According to Swaraj, Bansal told the BJP that the government has not made up its mind on the issue.
Slamming the government for its casual attitude, the government informed the BJP at 2:10 pm about the Lokpal debate at 2:30 pm.
Backing Jan Lokpal Bill with amendments, the BJP wants debate under rules for voting.
Lokpal must have powers to punish redressal mechanism violators, the BJP said, adding all central govt employees should be covered under Lokpal.
The BJP has also underlined the need for independent selection of the nine members of the Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan