Congress casual on Lokpal: BJP
New Delhi: Minutes after Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal announced that the Parliament would debate on Jan Lokpal on Saturday, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, on Friday claimed the government actually wanted to hold the debate on Monday.
According to Swaraj, Bansal told the BJP that the government has not made up its mind on the issue.
Slamming the government for its casual attitude, the government informed the BJP at 2:10 pm about the Lokpal debate at 2:30 pm.
Backing Jan Lokpal Bill with amendments, the BJP wants debate under rules for voting.
Lokpal must have powers to punish redressal mechanism violators, the BJP said, adding all central govt employees should be covered under Lokpal.
The BJP has also underlined the need for independent selection of the nine members of the Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah