Congress’ `Chintan Shivir` likely in Jan
New Delhi: The much-talked about "Chintan Shivir (brainstorming camp)" of Congress, to introspect serious issues including corruption, is likely to take place in January, party sources said on Tuesday.
The proposed Shivir was mooted by Congress president Sonia Gandhi in the party`s plenary here in December 2010 but it could not materialise as both the government and the party kept battling one crisis after another since then.
The party is, meanwhile, holding a day-long strategy session named "dialogue meeting" at nearby Surajkund in Congress-ruled Haryana on November 9.
Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi has already clarified that the Surajkund meeting is not a Chintan Shivir and that the party indeed plans to hold such a camp later.
Sources in the AICC said the Chintan Shivir could now be planned after the Winter Session of Parliament comes to an end on December 20, the day when results of Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh Assembly Elections will also be declared.
In the dialogue session, top Congress leaders, including Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Cabinet ministers and Ministers of State with independent charge will meet to discuss the current political and economic situation.
But, the Chintan Shivir is likely to be a bigger exercise with more representation from the states including chief ministers, PCC presidents and CLP leaders.
Sources in the party said though the date and venue of the Chintan Shivir has yet not been finalised, traditionally such camps are organised in party-ruled states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'