Congress’ `Chintan Shivir` likely in Jan
New Delhi: The much-talked about "Chintan Shivir (brainstorming camp)" of Congress, to introspect serious issues including corruption, is likely to take place in January, party sources said on Tuesday.
The proposed Shivir was mooted by Congress president Sonia Gandhi in the party`s plenary here in December 2010 but it could not materialise as both the government and the party kept battling one crisis after another since then.
The party is, meanwhile, holding a day-long strategy session named "dialogue meeting" at nearby Surajkund in Congress-ruled Haryana on November 9.
Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi has already clarified that the Surajkund meeting is not a Chintan Shivir and that the party indeed plans to hold such a camp later.
Sources in the AICC said the Chintan Shivir could now be planned after the Winter Session of Parliament comes to an end on December 20, the day when results of Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh Assembly Elections will also be declared.
In the dialogue session, top Congress leaders, including Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Cabinet ministers and Ministers of State with independent charge will meet to discuss the current political and economic situation.
But, the Chintan Shivir is likely to be a bigger exercise with more representation from the states including chief ministers, PCC presidents and CLP leaders.
Sources in the party said though the date and venue of the Chintan Shivir has yet not been finalised, traditionally such camps are organised in party-ruled states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen