Congress’ concern not for youth, but for Rahul`s launch: BJP
New Delhi: Attacking Congress, BJP on Saturday alleged it was raising concerns about youth and unemployment at Jaipur conclave after doing nothing on the issue for nine years it has been in power and that the ruling party`s real `worry` was on projecting Rahul Gandhi among young voters.
"It is clear from the Congress activity at the Chintan Shivir in Jaipur yesterday that there is less of introspection and more of worry. Sonia Gandhi has expressed concern for the youth and the middle class.... After being in power for nine years, Sonia Gandhi has spoken about their aspirations," BJP Chief Spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
The Opposition alleged that Congress maybe raising this issue to connect with the youth as it plans to launch Rahul Gandhi as the leader in the 2014 polls.
"There is a debate in the Congress about giving a bigger role to Rahul Gandhi but not about giving a bigger responsibility.... Is this a concern for the youth or a concern for Rahul Gandhi," he said
He said that this concern for the youth has come after being in power for nine years and wondered what is the reason.
"This is important as 51 per cent of the population is below 25 years of age and 65 per cent is below 35 years. There is such a big population of youth and yet Sonia Gandhi has expressed concern and worry for them after nine years," Prasad said.
BJP alleged that Sonia Gandhi spoke about the youth as the general elections are due in a year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’