Congress’ concern not for youth, but for Rahul`s launch: BJP
New Delhi: Attacking Congress, BJP on Saturday alleged it was raising concerns about youth and unemployment at Jaipur conclave after doing nothing on the issue for nine years it has been in power and that the ruling party`s real `worry` was on projecting Rahul Gandhi among young voters.
"It is clear from the Congress activity at the Chintan Shivir in Jaipur yesterday that there is less of introspection and more of worry. Sonia Gandhi has expressed concern for the youth and the middle class.... After being in power for nine years, Sonia Gandhi has spoken about their aspirations," BJP Chief Spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
The Opposition alleged that Congress maybe raising this issue to connect with the youth as it plans to launch Rahul Gandhi as the leader in the 2014 polls.
"There is a debate in the Congress about giving a bigger role to Rahul Gandhi but not about giving a bigger responsibility.... Is this a concern for the youth or a concern for Rahul Gandhi," he said
He said that this concern for the youth has come after being in power for nine years and wondered what is the reason.
"This is important as 51 per cent of the population is below 25 years of age and 65 per cent is below 35 years. There is such a big population of youth and yet Sonia Gandhi has expressed concern and worry for them after nine years," Prasad said.
BJP alleged that Sonia Gandhi spoke about the youth as the general elections are due in a year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video