Congress Core Group meets on CAG’s CWG report
New Delhi: A day after the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India directly pointed fingers at the Prime Minister and Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit’s offices in its report for the massive loss caused to the exchequer in the run up to last year’s Commonwealth Games, the Congress Core Group met here on Saturday to discuss its fallout.
The meeting, held at the PM’s residence 7, Race Course Road, discussed the report as well as its fallout for the UPA government and the Congress government in Delhi.
The core group also discussed the strategy to be adopted in Parliament next week as the opposition is likely to attack the government on the issue.
The meeting also took stock of the first week of Monsoon Session, and reviewed the price rise debate in Lok Sabha as well as the Lokpal Bill issue.
Besides Manmohan Singh, the meeting was attended by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, Defence Minister AK Antony, Gandhi`s political secretary Ahmed Patel, party general secretary Janardan Dwivedi and other leaders.
Notably, the meeting took place in the absence of party chief Sonia Gandhi, who is recuperating in the US after undergoing a surgery for an undisclosed ailment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing