Congress Core Group meets to discuss Anna’s fast
New Delhi: With the Government in a fix
over Anna Hazare`s agitation over Lokpal issue, Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh on Friday held discussions with senior government
and party colleagues to discuss a way out.
The hour-long meeting of Congress Core Committee
chaired by the Prime Minister was attended by all other
members including Union Ministers Pranab Mukherjee, P
Chidambaram, AK Antony and Gandhi`s political secretary Ahmed
The meeting came against the backdrop of Hazare setting
a deadline of Aug 30 for the government to get the Janlokpal
Bill passed in Parliament by Aug 30 failing which he decided
to continue his fast "till my last breath".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'