Congress counters Narendra Modi over Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s legacy
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Taking on Bharatiya Janata Party’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Congress leader Ajay Maken on Thursday said that people who are unveiling Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s statue should at least follow his principles.
Maken’s reaction comes after BJP leader LK Advani and Modi today laid the foundation of a statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in Gujarat.
Further hitting out at the Gujarat Chief Minister, the Congress general secretary said, “Being from Mahatma Gandhi`s party, all I can say is Ishwar inko bhi sanmati de (better sense prevails upon them).”
The former Cabinet minister also said that people can see the proceedings of Parliament `live`, but cannot watch the live Assembly proceedings of Gujarat.
Maken also accused the BJP of playing ‘majority vote bank politics’.
Without mentioning RSS and the BJP, the AICC`s Communication Department in-charge said that woman journalist Vidya Subrahmaniyam, who had written an article on RSS and Sardar Patel, is getting threat calls.
Strongly rejecting Maken’s claims, RSS spokesperson Ram Madhav tweeted: “Ajai Maken lied abt FIR against RSS? Media says there is none in d said Thana. Desperation leading to lies? If there are threats investigate.”
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani