Congress counters Narendra Modi over Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s legacy
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Taking on Bharatiya Janata Party’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Congress leader Ajay Maken on Thursday said that people who are unveiling Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s statue should at least follow his principles.
Maken’s reaction comes after BJP leader LK Advani and Modi today laid the foundation of a statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in Gujarat.
Further hitting out at the Gujarat Chief Minister, the Congress general secretary said, “Being from Mahatma Gandhi`s party, all I can say is Ishwar inko bhi sanmati de (better sense prevails upon them).”
The former Cabinet minister also said that people can see the proceedings of Parliament `live`, but cannot watch the live Assembly proceedings of Gujarat.
Maken also accused the BJP of playing ‘majority vote bank politics’.
Without mentioning RSS and the BJP, the AICC`s Communication Department in-charge said that woman journalist Vidya Subrahmaniyam, who had written an article on RSS and Sardar Patel, is getting threat calls.
Strongly rejecting Maken’s claims, RSS spokesperson Ram Madhav tweeted: “Ajai Maken lied abt FIR against RSS? Media says there is none in d said Thana. Desperation leading to lies? If there are threats investigate.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof