Congress counters Narendra Modi over Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s legacy
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Taking on Bharatiya Janata Party’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Congress leader Ajay Maken on Thursday said that people who are unveiling Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s statue should at least follow his principles.
Maken’s reaction comes after BJP leader LK Advani and Modi today laid the foundation of a statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in Gujarat.
Further hitting out at the Gujarat Chief Minister, the Congress general secretary said, “Being from Mahatma Gandhi`s party, all I can say is Ishwar inko bhi sanmati de (better sense prevails upon them).”
The former Cabinet minister also said that people can see the proceedings of Parliament `live`, but cannot watch the live Assembly proceedings of Gujarat.
Maken also accused the BJP of playing ‘majority vote bank politics’.
Without mentioning RSS and the BJP, the AICC`s Communication Department in-charge said that woman journalist Vidya Subrahmaniyam, who had written an article on RSS and Sardar Patel, is getting threat calls.
Strongly rejecting Maken’s claims, RSS spokesperson Ram Madhav tweeted: “Ajai Maken lied abt FIR against RSS? Media says there is none in d said Thana. Desperation leading to lies? If there are threats investigate.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past