Congress counters Narendra Modi over Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s legacy
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Taking on Bharatiya Janata Party’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Congress leader Ajay Maken on Thursday said that people who are unveiling Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s statue should at least follow his principles.
Maken’s reaction comes after BJP leader LK Advani and Modi today laid the foundation of a statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in Gujarat.
Further hitting out at the Gujarat Chief Minister, the Congress general secretary said, “Being from Mahatma Gandhi`s party, all I can say is Ishwar inko bhi sanmati de (better sense prevails upon them).”
The former Cabinet minister also said that people can see the proceedings of Parliament `live`, but cannot watch the live Assembly proceedings of Gujarat.
Maken also accused the BJP of playing ‘majority vote bank politics’.
Without mentioning RSS and the BJP, the AICC`s Communication Department in-charge said that woman journalist Vidya Subrahmaniyam, who had written an article on RSS and Sardar Patel, is getting threat calls.
Strongly rejecting Maken’s claims, RSS spokesperson Ram Madhav tweeted: “Ajai Maken lied abt FIR against RSS? Media says there is none in d said Thana. Desperation leading to lies? If there are threats investigate.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!