Congress creating emergency like situation: BJP
Srinagar: Opposition BJP on Monday accused the ruling Congress at Centre of creating an emergency-like situation in the country over the issue of agitation against
corruption and blackmoney.
"Congress is trying to create an emergency like situation in the country. What Congress is doing is undemocratic ... (like) the action against the protest of Baba Ramdev," BJP spokesman Prakash Javdekar told reporters here.
Responding to a question about the charge of Congress that Sangh Parivar was using the protests by Ramdev and Anna Hazare for political ends, Javdekar said his party supports every movement against corruption and blackmoney.
"We are not an illegal organisation. The issue of corruption and blackmoney was first raised by (LK) Advani during the 2009 (Lok Sabha) elections but Congress tried to dismiss it by making fun of the charges," he said.
"When we stalled the Parliament during the Winter Session on the demand of JPC, the entire nation was with us. Nobody criticised us for that," the BJP national spokesman
However, the BJP leader steered clear of the controversy surrounding this year`s Amarnath yatra.
He said a decision on the commencement of the yatra shall be taken by the religious leaders and concerned authorities.
"We want a smooth yatra and all arrangements should be put in place by the authorities for it," he said.
Although the state government is not involved in finalising the date for the annual yatra, the state BJP Unit has accused the Omar Abdullah government of creating
impediments in the pilgrimage and curtailing its duration.
The date for yatra is finalised by the Shrine Board headed by state Governor NN Vohra.
VHP plans of starting the Amarnath yatra from June 15 instead of June 29 as announced by Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB), which regulated the annual pilgrimage. The yatra will
culminate on August 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!