Congress creating emergency like situation: BJP
Srinagar: Opposition BJP on Monday accused the ruling Congress at Centre of creating an emergency-like situation in the country over the issue of agitation against
corruption and blackmoney.
"Congress is trying to create an emergency like situation in the country. What Congress is doing is undemocratic ... (like) the action against the protest of Baba Ramdev," BJP spokesman Prakash Javdekar told reporters here.
Responding to a question about the charge of Congress that Sangh Parivar was using the protests by Ramdev and Anna Hazare for political ends, Javdekar said his party supports every movement against corruption and blackmoney.
"We are not an illegal organisation. The issue of corruption and blackmoney was first raised by (LK) Advani during the 2009 (Lok Sabha) elections but Congress tried to dismiss it by making fun of the charges," he said.
"When we stalled the Parliament during the Winter Session on the demand of JPC, the entire nation was with us. Nobody criticised us for that," the BJP national spokesman
However, the BJP leader steered clear of the controversy surrounding this year`s Amarnath yatra.
He said a decision on the commencement of the yatra shall be taken by the religious leaders and concerned authorities.
"We want a smooth yatra and all arrangements should be put in place by the authorities for it," he said.
Although the state government is not involved in finalising the date for the annual yatra, the state BJP Unit has accused the Omar Abdullah government of creating
impediments in the pilgrimage and curtailing its duration.
The date for yatra is finalised by the Shrine Board headed by state Governor NN Vohra.
VHP plans of starting the Amarnath yatra from June 15 instead of June 29 as announced by Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB), which regulated the annual pilgrimage. The yatra will
culminate on August 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof