Congress criticises Jaitley`s statements
New Delhi: Criticising BJP leader Arun Jaitley`s statements on judiciary, Congress on Sunday said he should have the conviction of saying things clearly instead of "casting aspersions by insinuation".
"Rather then cast aspersions by insinuation, he should have the conviction of saying certain things squarely if he knows them to be true," Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari said here.
He was referring to the statement of Jaitley, Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha, that "pre-retirement judgements are influenced by a desire for a post-retirement job."
Tewari said as a former Law Minister, Jaitley knows well that certain statutory and regulatory bodies can only be headed by serving and retired judges. "Obviously, he has not made this statement out of ignorance," he said.
"...This clamour for post retirement jobs is adversely affecting impartiality of the judiciary of the country and time has come that it should come to an end," Jaitley said earlier today addressing a programme of BJP`s legal cell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city