Congress criticises RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat’s remarks on marriage
Jhabua (Madhya Pradesh): Madhya Pradesh unit of Congress on Monday strongly criticised RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat for his controversial remark on marriage, describing it as "derogatory" towards women.
"By stating that the institution of marriage is governed by a contract, Bhagwat has disrespected the very holy relationship," state Congress unit president Kantilal Bhuria told reporters here.
"The statement is derogatory towards women as in Hindu religion, marriage is considered to be a sacred thing and not a contract," Bhuria said.
He also said that the comparison of rape incidents by putting into context "Indian" and "Bharat" is also an attempt to divide the country and Congress strongly condemns it.
Referring to the recent controversial statement of state Industries Minister Kailash Vijaywargiya about women, Bhuria said that it has "exposed the real face of BJP among the people".
The minister was at the centre of a controversy over his remark that women must not cross their "Lakshman rekha" and remain within their limits.
He alleged that during the BJP`s nine year of rule, around 28,000 women were raped in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS