Congress crossing limits of decency in attacking Modi: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Friday alleged Congress and its allies are crossing limits of decency in their attacks on the party`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi under a well-thought out strategy to divert attention from their "misdeeds and malgovernance".
BJP spokesperson Sudhanshu Trivedi rued his party`s political opponents have on several occasions used "indecent words and symbolisms" in their criticism.
"It appears to us that for a long time Congress and its allies are doing this deliberately under a well thought- out strategy so that the attention of the people is diverted from core issues to start a debate on useless issues and Congress can take away the focus from its malgovernance and misdeeds," Trivedi said.
Citing examples, the BJP leader said a Congress spokesperson had attacked Modi in "objectionable" language and an MP from its ally Samajwadi Party had made "derogatory" remarks about his background.
"These remarks are a matter of serious concern as the healthy democratic traditions of Indian politics is being affected and the levels of decency are continuously falling. BJP strongly condemns and denounces such statements," Trivedi said.
BJP charged Congress had made "insensitive" statements against it in the wake of the Patna blasts and the blasts outside the party office in Bangalore during the Karnataka elections some months ago.
The main opposition also termed as "unfortunate" comments by Congress against Modi, like "There is no effect, no wave, only poison", "He is a lahu purush (blood man)", "Security was given to Ajmal Kasab too".
Further, BJP said words like "mouse, bicchu (scorpion)" have been used to describe Modi and that he has also been targeted on caste lines.
"In 1975, the then Congress president Dev Kant Barua had said `Indira is India and India is Indira`. This was borrowed from Hitler`s associate Rudolph Hess. It shows clearly who is following Nazi views and thinking in India," Trivedi said.
Asked about charges that Modi himself uses terms like "Shahzada", "Sultanate" and so on, the BJP leader said these are "symbolic and cultural terms".
BJP demanded that Congress declare its Prime Ministerial candidate and also the issues it wants to flag during the Lok Sabha polls.
Alleging that Congress is devaluing the decorum and playing politics of communal polarisation while targeting Modi, BJP said it will go to the people in the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections to seek votes against price rise, corruption and "malgovernance" and promise good governance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials