Congress cultivates hatred, not BJP: Narendra Modi
Surat: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said that it was Congress that does `zaher ke kheti`, and not the BJP.
Without naming her, Modi said, "They delivered a line that some people do `zaher ki kheti`....We sold just tea, but you have sold the entire country. You made the country a victim of vote-bank politics, and only promoted hatred, communal difference and poverty."
Referring to BJP, Congress president Sonia Gandhi had some days ago said that some people do `zaher ki kheti` (grow hatred).
Modi was addressing `Vikas Jyoti Yatra` organised by BJP in Limbayat area of the city last evening.
"I would like to tell you today who spreads poison of division and who spreads love of togetherness," he said.
The Gujarat Chief Minister said when Atal Bihari Vajpayee was Prime Minister, he divided three states -- Chhattisgarh from Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand from Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand from Bihar.
"When the states were divided all of them were distributing sweets. But look at the situation in Andhra Pradesh. For a few votes you have made people of Seemandhra unhappy and have turned them against people of Telangana, and people from Telangana are now against the people of Seemandhra," Modi said.
"This is called `zaher ki kheti` (cultivating hatred), while what we did under Vajpayee is `pyar ki kheti` (growing love)," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people