Congress decision to forego Par allowance `rubbish talk`: CPI
New Delhi: CPI on Friday "rubbished" the decision
of Congress MPs to forego their daily Parliament allowance of
Rs 2,000 saying the ruling party was not focusing on the main
issue of the House not functioning for a long period.
"This is all rubbish talk. Which MP gets employment from
where, we all know about it. This is not the main issue," CPI
leader Gurudas Dasgupta told reporters outside Parliament.
He said the fight against the Government policies
cannot just be inside Parliament and it has to be taken to
the public forum also.
"The thing is that Parliament should not be disrupted
for so long... Parliament should be allowed to function as
ultimately the fate of political parties lies with the
public," Dasgupta added.
The senior Left leader said to uncover the "biggest
scam" of independent India, Government should agree for a
Parliamentary probe as that is the "best alternative"
Asked to comment on suggestions that JPCs in the past
have not been much fruitful, Dasgupta said, "this is all
wrong. Maximum recommendations of the JPC formed to look into
the Harshad Mehta scam were accepted and implemented."
On the issue of airlines increasing air-fares, he said
the Government had brought in the `open sky` policy to bring
in more competitors in aviation sector to cut down the air
fares "but these airlines were increasing fares by each day
and common people are suffering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note