Congress decision to forego Par allowance `rubbish talk`: CPI
New Delhi: CPI on Friday "rubbished" the decision
of Congress MPs to forego their daily Parliament allowance of
Rs 2,000 saying the ruling party was not focusing on the main
issue of the House not functioning for a long period.
"This is all rubbish talk. Which MP gets employment from
where, we all know about it. This is not the main issue," CPI
leader Gurudas Dasgupta told reporters outside Parliament.
He said the fight against the Government policies
cannot just be inside Parliament and it has to be taken to
the public forum also.
"The thing is that Parliament should not be disrupted
for so long... Parliament should be allowed to function as
ultimately the fate of political parties lies with the
public," Dasgupta added.
The senior Left leader said to uncover the "biggest
scam" of independent India, Government should agree for a
Parliamentary probe as that is the "best alternative"
Asked to comment on suggestions that JPCs in the past
have not been much fruitful, Dasgupta said, "this is all
wrong. Maximum recommendations of the JPC formed to look into
the Harshad Mehta scam were accepted and implemented."
On the issue of airlines increasing air-fares, he said
the Government had brought in the `open sky` policy to bring
in more competitors in aviation sector to cut down the air
fares "but these airlines were increasing fares by each day
and common people are suffering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah