Congress defeat has never been so certain: Advani
New Delhi: Never has the defeat of Congress been as certain as in the 2014 Lok Sabha poll, veteran BJP leader L.K. Advani said Tuesday.
"I have participated in all general elections held in independent India since 1952. In none of the 15 elections held till today, the Congress party`s defeat seemed as certain as it does this time, I have been telling party colleagues," Advani said in a blog published Tuesday.
He also recounted that he has been representing Gandhinagar in the Lok Sabha since 1989, except for the 11th Lok Sabha when he did not contest following corruption charges.
Advani was unwilling to contest from Gandhinagar this time. However, the party leadership managed to convince him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city