Congress deliberately harassing Modi: Rajnath
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh on Friday rallied behind Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, alleging that the Congress is “deliberately harassing” the party’s poll panel chief.
In an interview to a television channel, the BJP president went on to accuse the Congress of using the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and other institutions to target its rivals.
When asked why the party zeroed in on Modi for the post of BJP poll panel chief, Singh said, “Narendra Modi is the most popular leader in India today, so he has been made poll campaign committee chief.”
Pointing that Modi has won elections in Gujarat thrice, Singh further asserted that the Gujarat Chief Minister is a “competent leader”.
He also backed the Gujarat strongmen with regard to the Ishrat Jahan encounter case, alleging that charges against Modi were part of a political conspiracy by the Congress. “Did not the US authorities say that Ishrat Jahan was to be used as a suicide bomber,” questioned the BJP president.
The BJP leader also denied any rift within the party over the appointment of Modi as its poll panel chief, saying all the decision in the BJP are taken collectively.
Dismissing reports of rift between veteran leader L K Advani and the BJP poll panel chief, the party president said that the former had never targeted any leader of the party, adding that his blog must not be misinterpreted.
“Advanji`s motives cannot be questioned, he did not attend Goa meet as he was unwell,” said Rajnath, adding, “there is no scope for one man show in the party as the BJP runs on ideology.”
He further slammed Advani’s aide Sudheendra Kulkarni over his reactions to Modi’s anointment, saying he did not represent the veteran leader.
Rajnath Singh, however, refused to comment on Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in