Congress deliberately prolonging Telangana row: BJP
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain has said that Congress- led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) coalition Government has no intention of discussing the separate state row of Telangana in Parliament.
"UPA Government has lost all control over its lawmakers, who have had the audacity to disrupt proceedings of Parliament in front of party president Sonia Gandhi," Hussain told media here.
"Now, it seems the central government has no authority and neither does the Congress party. Congress lawmakers are not listening to the government or their party high command. The BJP has always been in favour of forming a separate Telangana state and if the main opposition of the country is prepared to cooperate in the formation of Telangana, why this delay?" he asked.
Communist Party of India (Marxist) leader Sitaram Yechury said the responsibility for this continuing impasse lay clearly with the Central Government and the Congress Party.
"So, this issue has already caused sufficient damage and distress in the state and its time that some decision is taken. The government has to take some decision on this matter. This is what we want to say because today`s (Tuesday`s) developments are rather unprecedented," he added.
Eight Congress lawmakers have been suspended after repeatedly disrupting proceedings in the Lok Sabha over the separate Telangana state issue.
The demand for a separate state of Telangana which was merged with Andhra Pradesh in 1956, is over fifty years old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what