Congress deliberately prolonging Telangana row: BJP
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain has said that Congress- led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) coalition Government has no intention of discussing the separate state row of Telangana in Parliament.
"UPA Government has lost all control over its lawmakers, who have had the audacity to disrupt proceedings of Parliament in front of party president Sonia Gandhi," Hussain told media here.
"Now, it seems the central government has no authority and neither does the Congress party. Congress lawmakers are not listening to the government or their party high command. The BJP has always been in favour of forming a separate Telangana state and if the main opposition of the country is prepared to cooperate in the formation of Telangana, why this delay?" he asked.
Communist Party of India (Marxist) leader Sitaram Yechury said the responsibility for this continuing impasse lay clearly with the Central Government and the Congress Party.
"So, this issue has already caused sufficient damage and distress in the state and its time that some decision is taken. The government has to take some decision on this matter. This is what we want to say because today`s (Tuesday`s) developments are rather unprecedented," he added.
Eight Congress lawmakers have been suspended after repeatedly disrupting proceedings in the Lok Sabha over the separate Telangana state issue.
The demand for a separate state of Telangana which was merged with Andhra Pradesh in 1956, is over fifty years old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof