Congress demands action against RSS
New Delhi: The Congress Thursday said the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was against the freedom of press.
Congress party`s media department chief Ajay Maken has written a letter to Home Minister Shushikumar Shinde, demanding action on a First Information Report (FIR) filed by a senior journalist of The Hindu who wrote against the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh.
Referring to the article, Maken said it was based on facts and that the RSS was reneging on its promise given to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling