Congress demands apology from Modi over Sonia remarks
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi should apologise now that his allegations that the central government spent Rs.1,880 crore on UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi`s foreign visits and treatment abroad have been proven false, the Congress said Tuesday.
"Modi should apologise to the nation and to the Gandhi family now that it is proved that his allegations on Soniaji`s foreign visits and her treatment abroad were wrong," said Congress leader Rajiv Shukla.
Shukla said the person who had filed the Right to Information application seeking these details has told media that he never got any information on this and the figures given by Modi are wrong.
"Not a single penny from government coffers was spent on Gandhi`s treatment. Even the editor of the newspaper, which Modi quoted, has said that it is false," said Shukla.
Modi had criticised the central government Monday for questioning the Gujarat government for spending money on festivities and celebrations. He said the state should not be questioned when the central government has itself spent Rs.1,880 crore for Gandhi`s foreign trips and "treatment abroad" over three years.
Gandhi went abroad Sep 1 for a routine medical check-up and returned after a week. She had gone to the US for a surgery related to an undisclosed ailment last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!