Congress demands judicial probe into MLA`s killing
Patna: Terming as "tragic" the killing of
ruling BJP MLA Raj Kishore Keshari in Bihar, Congress on Tuesday
demanded that a judicial inquiry should be conducted into the
"We strongly condemn the killing, it is tragic... a
judicial inquiry be ordered into it," state Congress
spokesperson Premchandra Mishra told reporters.
Had police taken the alleged killer`s complaint of
sexual harassment against the MLA seriously, what happened
today would have been averted, he said.
Even the stand taken by Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi
on the killing was "not perfect", Mishra said, adding, Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar should order a probe by a sitting or
retired judge of the Patna High Court into the incident.
"An independent probe is also required to ascertain as
to under what circumstances the woman was allowed to meet the
MLA even after her complaint," he said.
The matter is not linked to law and order or security
of legislators, but manifestation of anger by a woman who, as
it appeared, was deprived of justice, Mishra said.
Keshari was stabbed to death by the woman at his
residence at Purnia when he was meeting visitors this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley for 51st day
- Is Ramdev coming up with world-class varsity near Delhi like University of Houston?
- Pakistan has started behaving like an enemy: JD(U)
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'