Congress demands judicial probe into MLA`s killing
Patna: Terming as "tragic" the killing of
ruling BJP MLA Raj Kishore Keshari in Bihar, Congress on Tuesday
demanded that a judicial inquiry should be conducted into the
"We strongly condemn the killing, it is tragic... a
judicial inquiry be ordered into it," state Congress
spokesperson Premchandra Mishra told reporters.
Had police taken the alleged killer`s complaint of
sexual harassment against the MLA seriously, what happened
today would have been averted, he said.
Even the stand taken by Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi
on the killing was "not perfect", Mishra said, adding, Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar should order a probe by a sitting or
retired judge of the Patna High Court into the incident.
"An independent probe is also required to ascertain as
to under what circumstances the woman was allowed to meet the
MLA even after her complaint," he said.
The matter is not linked to law and order or security
of legislators, but manifestation of anger by a woman who, as
it appeared, was deprived of justice, Mishra said.
Keshari was stabbed to death by the woman at his
residence at Purnia when he was meeting visitors this morning.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan