Congress demands judicial probe into MLA`s killing
Patna: Terming as "tragic" the killing of
ruling BJP MLA Raj Kishore Keshari in Bihar, Congress on Tuesday
demanded that a judicial inquiry should be conducted into the
"We strongly condemn the killing, it is tragic... a
judicial inquiry be ordered into it," state Congress
spokesperson Premchandra Mishra told reporters.
Had police taken the alleged killer`s complaint of
sexual harassment against the MLA seriously, what happened
today would have been averted, he said.
Even the stand taken by Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi
on the killing was "not perfect", Mishra said, adding, Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar should order a probe by a sitting or
retired judge of the Patna High Court into the incident.
"An independent probe is also required to ascertain as
to under what circumstances the woman was allowed to meet the
MLA even after her complaint," he said.
The matter is not linked to law and order or security
of legislators, but manifestation of anger by a woman who, as
it appeared, was deprived of justice, Mishra said.
Keshari was stabbed to death by the woman at his
residence at Purnia when he was meeting visitors this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday