Congress demands Mutalik arrest
Bangalore: Congress on Friday demanded arrest of
right wing Sri Rama Sene Chief Pramod Mutalik for threatening
to disrupt Valentine`s Day celebrations but distanced itself
from the incident of blackening his face and attempted
Accusing Mutalik of creating law and order problem, KPCC
President R V Deshpande told reporters he should have been
taken into preventive custody by now. "But Government has not
done it. He should be arrested immediately."
A day after some youths, allegedly belonging to Youth
Congress, blackened Mutalik`s face and attempted to assault
him when he was getting ready for a TV debate on Valentine`s
day, Deshpande said his partymen were not involved.
Deshpande said he, however, condemned such attacks.
He also defended the observance of Valentine`s day and
other events like Father`s day, saying "everyone has the right
to celebrate and none can interfere. Sri Rama Sene cannot
dictate. The BJP government is hand in glove with the Sene".
On the state government`s proposed legislation banning
cow slaughter, he said there was no need for enacting a
legislation to ban cow slaughter and government could
implement the act already in force by the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! Not just AB de Villiers but wife Danielle too is multitalented
- Check rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.nic.in for Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared after 3 pm on May 28
- Mass rape video shocks Brazil as teen girl drugged, gang-raped by over 30 men in Rio
- Japan shares G-7 push for inclusive growth with Asia, Africa
- Medical experts want Rio Olympics delayed or moved due to Zika