Congress demands Mutalik arrest
Bangalore: Congress on Friday demanded arrest of
right wing Sri Rama Sene Chief Pramod Mutalik for threatening
to disrupt Valentine`s Day celebrations but distanced itself
from the incident of blackening his face and attempted
Accusing Mutalik of creating law and order problem, KPCC
President R V Deshpande told reporters he should have been
taken into preventive custody by now. "But Government has not
done it. He should be arrested immediately."
A day after some youths, allegedly belonging to Youth
Congress, blackened Mutalik`s face and attempted to assault
him when he was getting ready for a TV debate on Valentine`s
day, Deshpande said his partymen were not involved.
Deshpande said he, however, condemned such attacks.
He also defended the observance of Valentine`s day and
other events like Father`s day, saying "everyone has the right
to celebrate and none can interfere. Sri Rama Sene cannot
dictate. The BJP government is hand in glove with the Sene".
On the state government`s proposed legislation banning
cow slaughter, he said there was no need for enacting a
legislation to ban cow slaughter and government could
implement the act already in force by the Centre.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Recovery across key sectors 'surprisingly strong': Nomura
- Took liberty to up entertainment quotient in 'Azhar': Emraan Hashmi
- PHOTO: Vintage Sachin! When Master Blaster turned out for Yorkshire
- AgustaWestland scam: Arvind Kejriwal dares BJP to arrest Congress chief Sonia Gandhi
- VITEEE 2016 exam results declared! Check VIT Engineering Entrance Examination ranks now