Congress demands Mutalik arrest
Bangalore: Congress on Friday demanded arrest of
right wing Sri Rama Sene Chief Pramod Mutalik for threatening
to disrupt Valentine`s Day celebrations but distanced itself
from the incident of blackening his face and attempted
Accusing Mutalik of creating law and order problem, KPCC
President R V Deshpande told reporters he should have been
taken into preventive custody by now. "But Government has not
done it. He should be arrested immediately."
A day after some youths, allegedly belonging to Youth
Congress, blackened Mutalik`s face and attempted to assault
him when he was getting ready for a TV debate on Valentine`s
day, Deshpande said his partymen were not involved.
Deshpande said he, however, condemned such attacks.
He also defended the observance of Valentine`s day and
other events like Father`s day, saying "everyone has the right
to celebrate and none can interfere. Sri Rama Sene cannot
dictate. The BJP government is hand in glove with the Sene".
On the state government`s proposed legislation banning
cow slaughter, he said there was no need for enacting a
legislation to ban cow slaughter and government could
implement the act already in force by the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post