Congress dismisses Jaitley`s suggestion on PM`s remarks
New Delhi: Congress on Friday dismissed Arun
Jaitley`s suggestion that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s dig
at BJP leader L K Advani about his ambition to occupy the top
post was in fact aimed at politics of leadership in Congress.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister P K Bansal told
reporters that "nobody else feels he has a birth right" when
asked about Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun
Jaitley`s veiled suggestion that Singh was hinting about Rahul
but only took the name of Advani.
Jaitley earlier sought to give a new twist to the
Prime Minister`s remark.
"Members of a dynasty acquire right to govern as they
are born in a family. I got the impression that the Prime
Minister was addressing somebody else. In democratic parties,
the election is based on merit," Jaitley said.
The Prime Minister`s dig at Advani had come during his
reply in the Lok Sabha earlier this week on the debate for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it