Congress dismisses Jaitley`s suggestion on PM`s remarks
New Delhi: Congress on Friday dismissed Arun
Jaitley`s suggestion that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s dig
at BJP leader L K Advani about his ambition to occupy the top
post was in fact aimed at politics of leadership in Congress.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister P K Bansal told
reporters that "nobody else feels he has a birth right" when
asked about Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun
Jaitley`s veiled suggestion that Singh was hinting about Rahul
but only took the name of Advani.
Jaitley earlier sought to give a new twist to the
Prime Minister`s remark.
"Members of a dynasty acquire right to govern as they
are born in a family. I got the impression that the Prime
Minister was addressing somebody else. In democratic parties,
the election is based on merit," Jaitley said.
The Prime Minister`s dig at Advani had come during his
reply in the Lok Sabha earlier this week on the debate for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!