Congress dismisses opinion poll result on Rahul Gandhi
Ranchi: Congress on Thursday dismissed an opinion poll predicting party vice-president Rahul Gandhi as the third choice for prime ministerial prospect, terming it inaccurate.
"Survey reports always favour those who appoint them surveys predicted 19 seats for Congress, but we got 39. Similarly, results in Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan Assembly polls were unexpected contrary to surveys," AICC general secretary BK Hariprasad told reporters here.
He was responding to a query on a newspaper publishing an opinion poll carried out in eight cities.
"Why should we share with you," he said when asked what was the findings in the internal assessment of the Congress regarding the 2014 General Elections.
Asked on sharing of fourteen seats among the ruling JMM/Congress/RJD alliance in Jharkhand, Prasad said a report was submitted to the chairman AICC panel on pre-poll alliance partners.
"AK Antony has taken our report and we can`t tell you till he gives the final touch," Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report