Congress dismisses opinion poll result on Rahul Gandhi
Ranchi: Congress on Thursday dismissed an opinion poll predicting party vice-president Rahul Gandhi as the third choice for prime ministerial prospect, terming it inaccurate.
"Survey reports always favour those who appoint them surveys predicted 19 seats for Congress, but we got 39. Similarly, results in Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan Assembly polls were unexpected contrary to surveys," AICC general secretary BK Hariprasad told reporters here.
He was responding to a query on a newspaper publishing an opinion poll carried out in eight cities.
"Why should we share with you," he said when asked what was the findings in the internal assessment of the Congress regarding the 2014 General Elections.
Asked on sharing of fourteen seats among the ruling JMM/Congress/RJD alliance in Jharkhand, Prasad said a report was submitted to the chairman AICC panel on pre-poll alliance partners.
"AK Antony has taken our report and we can`t tell you till he gives the final touch," Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof