Congress displaying `arrogance of power`: Mitra
Kolkata: Lashing out at Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee for alleging that the BJP and RSS were behind
the anti-graft movements of Baba Ramdev and Anna Hazare,
senior BJP leader Chandan Mitra on Tuesday said Mukherjee and his
Congress party were displaying `arrogance of power`.
Mitra pointed out that it was the Congress which had
invited Anna Hazare to the drafting committee of the proposed
Lokpal Bill and now when a problem cropped up they were
shifting responsibility on the RSS and BJP.
``Who went to the airport to dissuade Baba Ramdev from
launching his fast-undo-death? When it did not pay off, they
started putting the blame on us,`` Mitra said.
Asked to comment on the allegation that because the
BJP failed to do good in the elections, they were trying to
put put the government in trouble, Mitra said, ``In the recent
Assembly elections, Congress performed very poorly with the
exception of Assam. On the other hand, BJP rules in nine
``It is the `arrogance of power` which is making them to
speak like this,`` Mitra said adding BJP has always been
against corruption and black money and it would continue the
movement against it.
Welcoming the passage of the Singur Bill which made
provisions for returning the acquired land, Mitra said his
party demanded that compensation be also paid to farmers who
gave up their land `under duress`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Perez grabs 3rd spot, gives Force India 4th ever podium finish
- Two dead, including one suspect, in Houston shooting: Police
- Had I stayed with AB de Villiers a little longer, it would have been different: Virat Kohli
- IPL 2016: Individual awards for outstanding players
- IPL 2016 final: It was a total team effort, says SRH's captain David Warner