Congress displaying `arrogance of power`: Mitra
Kolkata: Lashing out at Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee for alleging that the BJP and RSS were behind
the anti-graft movements of Baba Ramdev and Anna Hazare,
senior BJP leader Chandan Mitra on Tuesday said Mukherjee and his
Congress party were displaying `arrogance of power`.
Mitra pointed out that it was the Congress which had
invited Anna Hazare to the drafting committee of the proposed
Lokpal Bill and now when a problem cropped up they were
shifting responsibility on the RSS and BJP.
``Who went to the airport to dissuade Baba Ramdev from
launching his fast-undo-death? When it did not pay off, they
started putting the blame on us,`` Mitra said.
Asked to comment on the allegation that because the
BJP failed to do good in the elections, they were trying to
put put the government in trouble, Mitra said, ``In the recent
Assembly elections, Congress performed very poorly with the
exception of Assam. On the other hand, BJP rules in nine
``It is the `arrogance of power` which is making them to
speak like this,`` Mitra said adding BJP has always been
against corruption and black money and it would continue the
movement against it.
Welcoming the passage of the Singur Bill which made
provisions for returning the acquired land, Mitra said his
party demanded that compensation be also paid to farmers who
gave up their land `under duress`.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Even after 24 hours, Visakhapatnam fire 'raging and out of control'; 41 fire tenders rushed
- Efforts to be made to restore NMNH specimens: Javadekar
- Check out! These are the top 10 defaulters in India; Kingfisher Airlines at No. 9?
- Shades of DMK promises in Cong manifesto for TN polls
- Chewbacca is not just a Star Wars character's name anymore!