Congress down but not out, will bounce back: Dwivedi
Shimla: AICC general secretary Janardan Dwivedi on Wednesday assured that the party is "down but not out" and will bounce back as efforts for its revival have begun.
Dwivedi, who was here to address the meeting of national executive of Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC), said all the wings of the party would be strengthened and INTUC is an integral part of it.
He said that the movement undertaken by INTUC was associated with the socio-economic and cultural uplift of the working class to ensure their overall development.
Addressing the meeting, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh lauded the role of INTUC saying that it was an appropriate platform to take up the grievances of the workers.
Singh said that INTUC has emerged as a strong body at national level protecting interest of the working class and State Government was taking various steps for their welfare and protecting their rights.
The Chief Minister said, "we are committed to provide better working environment to the workers engaged in various industries in the State and safeguarding their interests and the Government had made it mandatory to provide 70 per cent employment to Himachalis in all industrial units in the State."
Industries Minister Mukesh Agnihotri said the Government had decided to provide Rs one lakh in case of death of a worker and Rs 50,000 in case of natural death. Besides, housing facility was being provided to those working in industrial belts of the State.
A Women Working Hostel, being constructed at Rs 6 crore was coming up at Baddi, he said. The state government is also providing financial assistance upto Rs 15,000 annually for ensuring better education of the working class.
The state government was also providing Rs 1,500 per month to the workers and their children for upgrading their skill and Rs 18,000 annually as Skill Development Allowance.
Earlier, the chief minister, Dwivedi, Mukesh Agnihotri and other leaders paid tributes to former Prime minister Rajiv Gandhi on the 70th birth anniversary.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know