Congress downplays Anna factor in Hisar loss
New Delhi: With it being almost certain that the Congress has lost the high-profile Hisar Lok Sabha bypoll, the party is at odds to explain the trouncing amid suggestions that Anna factor has worked against it.
Senior Congress leader and Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid dismissed any connect between Anna’s ‘don’t vote for Congress’ campaign and the party loss in Haryana. “I don’t think Hisar had voted for Congress even when they hadn’t heard of Anna…Hisar has always been a stronghold of Haryana based parties.”
However, it’s not just Hisar, the Congress has also lost bypolls in Maharashtra and Telangana.
In his first reaction to the poll setbacks suffered by the party, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said, “Party’s loss in elections is always a sad thing.”
“We shall have to analyse why we have lost the by-elections but it won’t be right to make a instant comment on it,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview