Congress downplays Anna factor in Hisar loss
New Delhi: With it being almost certain that the Congress has lost the high-profile Hisar Lok Sabha bypoll, the party is at odds to explain the trouncing amid suggestions that Anna factor has worked against it.
Senior Congress leader and Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid dismissed any connect between Anna’s ‘don’t vote for Congress’ campaign and the party loss in Haryana. “I don’t think Hisar had voted for Congress even when they hadn’t heard of Anna…Hisar has always been a stronghold of Haryana based parties.”
However, it’s not just Hisar, the Congress has also lost bypolls in Maharashtra and Telangana.
In his first reaction to the poll setbacks suffered by the party, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said, “Party’s loss in elections is always a sad thing.”
“We shall have to analyse why we have lost the by-elections but it won’t be right to make a instant comment on it,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?