Congress downplays Anna factor in Hisar loss
New Delhi: With it being almost certain that the Congress has lost the high-profile Hisar Lok Sabha bypoll, the party is at odds to explain the trouncing amid suggestions that Anna factor has worked against it.
Senior Congress leader and Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid dismissed any connect between Anna’s ‘don’t vote for Congress’ campaign and the party loss in Haryana. “I don’t think Hisar had voted for Congress even when they hadn’t heard of Anna…Hisar has always been a stronghold of Haryana based parties.”
However, it’s not just Hisar, the Congress has also lost bypolls in Maharashtra and Telangana.
In his first reaction to the poll setbacks suffered by the party, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said, “Party’s loss in elections is always a sad thing.”
“We shall have to analyse why we have lost the by-elections but it won’t be right to make a instant comment on it,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees