Congress expels Sadhu Yadav for praising Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Congress on Monday expelled Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav’s brother-in-law and Bihar Congress leader Sadhu Yadav from the party.
"Yadav has been expelled from the party for indefinite period," Bihar Congress President Ashok Chaudhary said.
He said the decision to expel Yadav from the party was taken by Gopalganj District Congress (DCC) President Raj Kumari Gupta after the former failed to reply to the show cause issued to him.
The development came after the much publicised meeting between Anirudh Prasad alias Sadhu Yadav with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Post the meeting, Yadav made the job of sacking him easier for the Congress top brass by openly praising Modi.
"In comparison with Rahul Gandhi, I strongly believe that Narendra Modi has much better qualities to become Prime Minister of our country," Yadav had said.
On his decision to meet Modi, Sadhu Yadav had said, "I was attending a family function of my friend at Gandhinagar. So I paid a courtesy visit to Chief Minister Narendra Modi."
However, Yadav had ruled out any hidden agenda behind his meeting the Gujarat Chief Minister.
Sadhu Yadav`s meeting with Modi has surely raised political temperature in Bihar with the BJP state unit also, reportedly, not in favour of doing any business with Sadhu Yadav.
Further while hitting out at Congress after being expelled from the party Sadhu said, "Congress is a corrupt party. I will campaign for Modi. He is the only person thinking about the country."
He was in a defiant mood when asked about possible action from party chairperson Sonia Gandhi in the wake of his meeting with the Gujarat CM.
"Who is afraid of Sonia Gandhi? Is Sonia Gandhi running this country? This country is being run by Manmohan Singh and tell me how many people know that Manmohan Singh is our Prime Minister. Whereas every child in our country knows Narendra Modi," Yadav claimed.
Meanwhile, Chaudhary also said another Congress leader Dasai Chaudhary, who had accompanied Yadav to met Narendra Modi, has also been issued show cause by Vaishali district Congress President and appropriate action would be taken by the district chief.
State Congress media in-charge Prem Chand Mishra said that Yadav, who had unsuccessfully contested from the party ticket from Bettiah Lok Sabha seat, has been shown the door for "gross indiscipline."
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30