Congress facing countrywide anti-incumbency: Jaitley
Jaipur: Buoyed by the BJP`s show in the Lok Sabha and Assembly by-polls, party leader Arun Jaitley on Wednesday said that there was an anti-incumbency wave against the Congress across the country.
By-poll results in four states, including Gujarat, have shown that the anti-incumbency was prevailing against the Congress not only in the states ruled by it but in the entire country, he told reporters at a hotel here.
For upcoming assembly polls in Rajasthan, Jaitley said it would be a "double incumbency" against the ruling Gehlot government and the BJP would come again in power with more seats than it had won in 2003 assembly polls.
"Vasundhara Raje, who is leading the Suraj Sankalp Yatra, would win the next assembly polls with absolute majority," he claimed.
Jaitley visited Rajasthan to attend Suraj Sankalp Yatra at Ajmer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan