Congress fine with security for Robert Vadra, but not for Amit Shah, retorts BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Congress on Thursday raised questions over reports claiming that BJP leader Amit Shah will soon get Z-plus level security from the central government as the Home Ministry has given the go-ahead for it.
Talking to a news agency, Congress leader Rashid Alvi demanded that the government should tell the country why a decision was taken to give Z-plus security to Shah.
Responding to Congress` query, BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain defended giving Z-plus security to Amit Shah.
“Amit Shah is an important leader of BJP. When (Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert) Vadra was getting security, it was fine for Congress, but now it has a problem with Amit bhai,” said Hussain.
The decision was taken in the first review of VIP security by Home Minister Rajnath Singh, a report said on Wednesday.
Z-plus is the highest level of security provided to VVIPs in India, and involves 40-70 guards, depending upon the threat perception. At the moment, there are around 250 VVIPs with Z-plus security in the central list.
A close aide of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Shah presently has Z-plus security of Gujarat Police. The former Gujarat home minister is likely to be the next BJP president, according to BJP sources.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country