Congress flayed for `opposing voting in parliament` on FDI debate
Patna: The CPI(M) on Saturday slammed the Congress in the wake of reports that the party was opposed to voting in Parliament on the motion of UPA government`s decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail.
"The Congress does not believe in democratic principles going by its reported opposition to voting on the motion tabled by the opposition parties for debate on the FDI in multi-brand retail during the winter session of parliament," CPI(M) Politburo member Ramchandra Pillai told reporters here.
The Congress` opposition to division for voting on the FDI issue also indicated its assessment of the UPA government lacking majority in parliament, he said.
Pillai said that the CPI(M)-led left parties will persist with the demand on debate on FDI in retail in Parliament under the rule mandating voting and said that talks were going on with like-minded parties to muster support on the issue in the house and outside.
The left parties will also raise corruption issues like irregularities in the coal blocks` allotment, 2G scam and related matters during the winter session of Parliament as these issues could not be discussed and debated during the monsoon session, the CPI(M) Politburo member said.
Pillai further charged the UPA government with colluding with the corporates for sale of spectrum at an under-priced value during the recent auction and said that the latter did so with a motive to discredit the CAG.
The country did not get the fair price for the spectrum as the UPA government colluded with the corporates and gave away the precious resources at throwaway price to the bidders, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP