Congress flayed for `opposing voting in parliament` on FDI debate
Patna: The CPI(M) on Saturday slammed the Congress in the wake of reports that the party was opposed to voting in Parliament on the motion of UPA government`s decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail.
"The Congress does not believe in democratic principles going by its reported opposition to voting on the motion tabled by the opposition parties for debate on the FDI in multi-brand retail during the winter session of parliament," CPI(M) Politburo member Ramchandra Pillai told reporters here.
The Congress` opposition to division for voting on the FDI issue also indicated its assessment of the UPA government lacking majority in parliament, he said.
Pillai said that the CPI(M)-led left parties will persist with the demand on debate on FDI in retail in Parliament under the rule mandating voting and said that talks were going on with like-minded parties to muster support on the issue in the house and outside.
The left parties will also raise corruption issues like irregularities in the coal blocks` allotment, 2G scam and related matters during the winter session of Parliament as these issues could not be discussed and debated during the monsoon session, the CPI(M) Politburo member said.
Pillai further charged the UPA government with colluding with the corporates for sale of spectrum at an under-priced value during the recent auction and said that the latter did so with a motive to discredit the CAG.
The country did not get the fair price for the spectrum as the UPA government colluded with the corporates and gave away the precious resources at throwaway price to the bidders, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Shahid Afridi virtually ruled out of lone T20 against England
- iBerry Auxus 4X with 4GB RAM launched in India at Rs 15,990
- OMG! UP politician calls traffic cop 'gunda' for doing his duty – WATCH Viral Video
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB