Congress forms three media units to counter Opposition attack
New Delhi: Facing the Opposition onslaught on social media, Congress has chalked out a comprehensive strategy to bolster its presence on both conventional and cyber media ahead of the next Lok Sabha elections.
The party has set up three special units, including a high-level seven-member team, to formulate its political strategy and response on key issues.
The move comes in the backdrop of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi repeatedly expressing his keenness to get the party that cutting edge, which helps in responding effectively to the Opposition`s sustained media campaigns against it.
As per the `Process Manual for News Response Team` circulated among select party leaders, three separate units are to be formed for tracking news and conducting research for content, formulating political strategy and communicating the party`s stand.
The objective is to formalise the process for formulating and communicating the official response from the Congress party on critical issues, policy matters or events.
Of this, the main body called Media Response Group, which will formulate political response defining the party line for any events and policy, will have the Political Secretary to the Congress President, the Chairman Media Committee, the I&B Minister, the MoS (PMO) as its members besides the in-charges for Research Team and Social Media.
Currently, party spokesperson Sandeep Dikshit heads the Research Team while Deepender Hooda heads the one on social media.
The presence of at least three listed members is necessary for any meeting of the group, which will seek inputs on key issues, as and when required, from the Congress President, the Prime Minister and the party Vice- President.
It will assess and debate inputs received, decide on the party line and will update party spokespersons and social media managers on the party stand.
The unit will have a formal meeting every week to review the media reports of the bygone week and set the agenda for the coming week. They, will, however interact daily either in person or otherwise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire