Congress gives Rahul official status to take major decisions: SP
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party on Saturday said by appointing Rahul Gandhi as party vice president, Congress has accorded an official status to his role in taking major decisions of the party.
"It is an internal organisational matter of Congress. But at the same time, the decision to appoint him as Vice-President is more of a formality. People know that most major decisions of Congress had Rahul`s stamp of approval. Now, Congress has authorised him to take decisions officially," SP general secretary and national spokesperson Ram Gopal Yadav said here.
Yadav, whose party is extending outside support to the Congress-led UPA government, said there is a possibility that Rahul could be appointed as the working president of Congress in the near future.
Congress today elevated Rahul to the number two position in the party by appointing him as vice president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack