Congress gives Rahul official status to take major decisions: SP
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party on Saturday said by appointing Rahul Gandhi as party vice president, Congress has accorded an official status to his role in taking major decisions of the party.
"It is an internal organisational matter of Congress. But at the same time, the decision to appoint him as Vice-President is more of a formality. People know that most major decisions of Congress had Rahul`s stamp of approval. Now, Congress has authorised him to take decisions officially," SP general secretary and national spokesperson Ram Gopal Yadav said here.
Yadav, whose party is extending outside support to the Congress-led UPA government, said there is a possibility that Rahul could be appointed as the working president of Congress in the near future.
Congress today elevated Rahul to the number two position in the party by appointing him as vice president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- UK Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn refuses to resign after losing confidence vote
- Serena Williams, Andy Murray cruise at rain-lashed Wimbledon
- 262 new faunal species discovered in India in 2015: Official
- No friction between Army, CRPF over Pampore operations: Northern Command
- Pakistan cannot 'conquer' Kashmir through war: Hina Rabbani Khar