Congress gives Rahul official status to take major decisions: SP
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party on Saturday said by appointing Rahul Gandhi as party vice president, Congress has accorded an official status to his role in taking major decisions of the party.
"It is an internal organisational matter of Congress. But at the same time, the decision to appoint him as Vice-President is more of a formality. People know that most major decisions of Congress had Rahul`s stamp of approval. Now, Congress has authorised him to take decisions officially," SP general secretary and national spokesperson Ram Gopal Yadav said here.
Yadav, whose party is extending outside support to the Congress-led UPA government, said there is a possibility that Rahul could be appointed as the working president of Congress in the near future.
Congress today elevated Rahul to the number two position in the party by appointing him as vice president.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata