Congress has always misused CBI: Anna Hazare
Pune: Social activist Anna Hazare on Saturday said it was wrong to presume that the CBI acts of its own volition and alleged that Congress had always "misused" the central investigating agency.
Asked about the CBI raid on DMK leader MK Stalin`s residence immediately after the party withdrew its support to the UPA government, Hazare told reporters, "Everybody knows that the CBI is under government`s control. If it is brought under the Lokpal`s control, it would help in curbing corruption."
Hazare alleged that Congress had always "misused" the agency, even though it has some good officers in its fold.
"It is not that all people with the CBI are bad. But they are subjected to pressure as they have their jobs to protect. Congress has always misused it," he alleged.
When asked to comment on the UPA allies leaving Congress, Hazare said the party was losing the sympathy of the people because of the corruption associated with it.
"Congress is taking wrong steps. People have lost their sympathy for the party as responsible ministers in the government too are involved in scams," he added.
Referring to the support of Samajwadi Party (SP) to the Congress-led government, Hazare said, "Regional parties pose a threat to the country as they bring pressure (on the government)."
He said although he had parted ways with his erstwhile colleague Arvind Kejarwal, there was no conflict between them and he wished him well for their cause through political means.
Hazare said he had not instituted any core committee of his own after breaking away from IAC. "It is difficult to get selfless workers for a cause. I am at present associated with `Janatantra Morcha` along with former Army Chief VK Singh, which is a non-political organisation," he added.
Later, addressing a gathering, the activist said he was confident that the Lokpal would be a reality. "We have seen part one of the Lokpal bill," he added.
He also noted with satisfaction that the provision of a fine for civil servants, who delayed their work beyond the stipulated period under Citizens` Charter.
"When the elections are declared, I would be once again be at the Ramlila maidan to press for the demand for Right to Reject as part of electoral reforms to keep anti-social elements out of the Parliament and the state legislatures," Hazare asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities