Congress has always misused CBI: Anna Hazare
Pune: Social activist Anna Hazare on Saturday said it was wrong to presume that the CBI acts of its own volition and alleged that Congress had always "misused" the central investigating agency.
Asked about the CBI raid on DMK leader MK Stalin`s residence immediately after the party withdrew its support to the UPA government, Hazare told reporters, "Everybody knows that the CBI is under government`s control. If it is brought under the Lokpal`s control, it would help in curbing corruption."
Hazare alleged that Congress had always "misused" the agency, even though it has some good officers in its fold.
"It is not that all people with the CBI are bad. But they are subjected to pressure as they have their jobs to protect. Congress has always misused it," he alleged.
When asked to comment on the UPA allies leaving Congress, Hazare said the party was losing the sympathy of the people because of the corruption associated with it.
"Congress is taking wrong steps. People have lost their sympathy for the party as responsible ministers in the government too are involved in scams," he added.
Referring to the support of Samajwadi Party (SP) to the Congress-led government, Hazare said, "Regional parties pose a threat to the country as they bring pressure (on the government)."
He said although he had parted ways with his erstwhile colleague Arvind Kejarwal, there was no conflict between them and he wished him well for their cause through political means.
Hazare said he had not instituted any core committee of his own after breaking away from IAC. "It is difficult to get selfless workers for a cause. I am at present associated with `Janatantra Morcha` along with former Army Chief VK Singh, which is a non-political organisation," he added.
Later, addressing a gathering, the activist said he was confident that the Lokpal would be a reality. "We have seen part one of the Lokpal bill," he added.
He also noted with satisfaction that the provision of a fine for civil servants, who delayed their work beyond the stipulated period under Citizens` Charter.
"When the elections are declared, I would be once again be at the Ramlila maidan to press for the demand for Right to Reject as part of electoral reforms to keep anti-social elements out of the Parliament and the state legislatures," Hazare asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'
- SEBI mulling relaxed norms for REITs, InvITs, startups listing