Congress has become a kayaron ki jamaat: BJP
New Delhi: BJP Sunday attacked Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde for accusing it and RSS of running terror training camps and demanded an apology from Congress Chief Sonia Gandhi for it.
"Their (Congress`) destructive mindset is reflected in the statement of the Home Minister. The statement he has given at the Chintan Shivir is very objectionable. It`s not only unacceptable but also dangerous," BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told reporters here.
He said Shinde`s statement was aimed at disrupting peace and harmony in the country.
Terming RSS as a "nationalist organisation", the BJP leader said, "Sonia Gandhi should apologise. Rahul Gandhi and Home Minister should also apologise, otherwise there will be serious consequences.
This is not accepted. Such baseless things when said by Home Minister amounts to giving clean chit to real terrorists."
The BJP spokesperson also said that Shinde`s statement has given "oxygen" to Pakistan-sponsored terrorism.
"You have also strengthened the anti-India terrorist groups," he added.
"Sometimes I feel that Congress has become a group of cowards (kayaron ki jamaat). I am saying because terror strikes are repeatedly happening in the country, terrorists are mushrooming here," he said.
"Pakistani Army troops are beheading our jawans and our Prime Minister takes too long to respond to that. Our government thinks repeatedly before giving any reaction to such incidents. It gives warning to Pakistan only when the nation is agitated, but that warning too is nothing but an empty warning, leading to a ridicule," Naqvi said.
Addressing the Congress Chintan Shivir earlier today in
Jaipur, Shinde had accused BJP and RSS of conducting `terror training` camps to spread saffron terrorism in the country.
"Reports have come during investigation that BJP and RSS conduct terror training camps to spread terrorism...Bombs were planted in Samjhauta express, Mecca Masjid and also a blast was carried out in Malegaon," Shinde had said.
Later Shinde also added, "This is saffron terrorism that I have talked about. It is the same thing and nothing new. It has come in the media several times."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi