Congress has lost ground, BJP not an alternative: Brinda
Dhanbad: CPI(M) Politburo member Brinda Karat on Friday claimed that Congress has lost ground and BJP is not an alternative in the present political scenario.
"Regional parties will rule the roost as the Congress has lost ground and BJP is not an alternative," she said.
Brinda said the CPI(M) would work for unity of Left-minded parties for an alliance in 2014, but ruled out any alliance with the Congress in West Bengal to defeat Trinamool Congress.
Since Congress` policy in Delhi and Mamata Banerjee`s policy at Kolkata are same, there cannot be an alliance with Congress, she said.
The CPI(M) Politburo member accused the Centre of adopting double standards in providing relief and rehabilitation to the displaced persons of Jharia mines area.
In Delhi the Centre claims to have provided all facilities to the displaced persons of Jharia mines, but the ground reality is different at Belagaria township where they have been rehabilitated, she said.
Earlier, Brinda along with 800 party activists including state CPI(M) chief Gopi Kant Baxi courted arrest after blocking the NH-32 for more than two hours while staging a gherao demonstration at the Deputy Commissioner`s office in support of their 14-point demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Randeep Hooda’s dream girl is beautiful – See pic
- Chemical factory blast sends shock waves in Dombivali near Mumbai; 3 dead, over 100 injured
- HC stays Haryana government's decision to grant 10% reservation to Jats, 5 other communities
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic
- REVEALED: Harbhajan Singh tells what he told Aussies after which they stopped sledging him