Congress has lost ground, BJP not an alternative: Brinda
Dhanbad: CPI(M) Politburo member Brinda Karat on Friday claimed that Congress has lost ground and BJP is not an alternative in the present political scenario.
"Regional parties will rule the roost as the Congress has lost ground and BJP is not an alternative," she said.
Brinda said the CPI(M) would work for unity of Left-minded parties for an alliance in 2014, but ruled out any alliance with the Congress in West Bengal to defeat Trinamool Congress.
Since Congress` policy in Delhi and Mamata Banerjee`s policy at Kolkata are same, there cannot be an alliance with Congress, she said.
The CPI(M) Politburo member accused the Centre of adopting double standards in providing relief and rehabilitation to the displaced persons of Jharia mines area.
In Delhi the Centre claims to have provided all facilities to the displaced persons of Jharia mines, but the ground reality is different at Belagaria township where they have been rehabilitated, she said.
Earlier, Brinda along with 800 party activists including state CPI(M) chief Gopi Kant Baxi courted arrest after blocking the NH-32 for more than two hours while staging a gherao demonstration at the Deputy Commissioner`s office in support of their 14-point demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you