Congress has lost ground, BJP not an alternative: Brinda
Dhanbad: CPI(M) Politburo member Brinda Karat on Friday claimed that Congress has lost ground and BJP is not an alternative in the present political scenario.
"Regional parties will rule the roost as the Congress has lost ground and BJP is not an alternative," she said.
Brinda said the CPI(M) would work for unity of Left-minded parties for an alliance in 2014, but ruled out any alliance with the Congress in West Bengal to defeat Trinamool Congress.
Since Congress` policy in Delhi and Mamata Banerjee`s policy at Kolkata are same, there cannot be an alliance with Congress, she said.
The CPI(M) Politburo member accused the Centre of adopting double standards in providing relief and rehabilitation to the displaced persons of Jharia mines area.
In Delhi the Centre claims to have provided all facilities to the displaced persons of Jharia mines, but the ground reality is different at Belagaria township where they have been rehabilitated, she said.
Earlier, Brinda along with 800 party activists including state CPI(M) chief Gopi Kant Baxi courted arrest after blocking the NH-32 for more than two hours while staging a gherao demonstration at the Deputy Commissioner`s office in support of their 14-point demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone