Congress has lost ground, BJP not an alternative: Brinda
Dhanbad: CPI(M) Politburo member Brinda Karat on Friday claimed that Congress has lost ground and BJP is not an alternative in the present political scenario.
"Regional parties will rule the roost as the Congress has lost ground and BJP is not an alternative," she said.
Brinda said the CPI(M) would work for unity of Left-minded parties for an alliance in 2014, but ruled out any alliance with the Congress in West Bengal to defeat Trinamool Congress.
Since Congress` policy in Delhi and Mamata Banerjee`s policy at Kolkata are same, there cannot be an alliance with Congress, she said.
The CPI(M) Politburo member accused the Centre of adopting double standards in providing relief and rehabilitation to the displaced persons of Jharia mines area.
In Delhi the Centre claims to have provided all facilities to the displaced persons of Jharia mines, but the ground reality is different at Belagaria township where they have been rehabilitated, she said.
Earlier, Brinda along with 800 party activists including state CPI(M) chief Gopi Kant Baxi courted arrest after blocking the NH-32 for more than two hours while staging a gherao demonstration at the Deputy Commissioner`s office in support of their 14-point demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country