Congress has lost ground, BJP not an alternative: Brinda
Dhanbad: CPI(M) Politburo member Brinda Karat on Friday claimed that Congress has lost ground and BJP is not an alternative in the present political scenario.
"Regional parties will rule the roost as the Congress has lost ground and BJP is not an alternative," she said.
Brinda said the CPI(M) would work for unity of Left-minded parties for an alliance in 2014, but ruled out any alliance with the Congress in West Bengal to defeat Trinamool Congress.
Since Congress` policy in Delhi and Mamata Banerjee`s policy at Kolkata are same, there cannot be an alliance with Congress, she said.
The CPI(M) Politburo member accused the Centre of adopting double standards in providing relief and rehabilitation to the displaced persons of Jharia mines area.
In Delhi the Centre claims to have provided all facilities to the displaced persons of Jharia mines, but the ground reality is different at Belagaria township where they have been rehabilitated, she said.
Earlier, Brinda along with 800 party activists including state CPI(M) chief Gopi Kant Baxi courted arrest after blocking the NH-32 for more than two hours while staging a gherao demonstration at the Deputy Commissioner`s office in support of their 14-point demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!