Congress has pathological hatred against Modi: BJP
New Delhi: Accusing the Congress of having a "pathological hatred" against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, BJP on Friday said this is visible in the attempts to falsely implicate him in the Ishrat Jahan and Sohrabuddin encounter cases.
"Congress has a pathological hatred against Narendra Modi even though the people adore him for impeccable integrity and outstanding record of governance. Inspite of repeated defeats in elections, the CBI is being abused as an instrument to frame him on questionable, collusive and spurious testimony," BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
The Deputy Leader of BJP in the Rajya Sabha maintained that even the Supreme Court has observed that the probe agency is being abused and has called it a caged parrot. The "telling observation" of SP Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav that whenever he takes a strong stand against the government the CBI frames him also shows misuse of the agency, the party said.
"In the Ishrat Jahan and the Sohrabuddin encounter cases, the entire stand of CBI is shifting. There is different allegation against former home minister of Gujarat Amit Shah of conspiracy and completely different in case of Gulab Chan Kataria (Rajasthan minister)," Prasad said.
He said Ishrat Jahan was publicly owned by LeT as a "martyr" on their website and then suddenly changes were made.
"What is reprehensible is that even the institution of IB is not being spared. The mandate for the CBI is simple- bailout the Congress ministers inspite of overwhelming evidence of corruption and try to implicate Modi inspite of no evidence," Prasad said.
The people are watching and will give a befitting reply in the polls, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets