Congress hasn`t done much on marketing: Pitroda
Bangalore: Congress has not marketed its achievements well, but there was still time for it to do so and the party would `definitely` win the coming Lok Sabha polls, Sam Pitroda, Adviser to the Prime Minister on Public Information Infrastructure and Innovation, said here on Sunday.
"Of course Congress party hasn`t done much on marketing, partly because PM is not a marketing type;....He is not going to go out and do press conferences every other day, he is not that type....," he told reporters here.
"As a citizen I feel that we had a situation where Mrs (Sonia) Gandhi did not speak much, PM is not the one who speaks, then Rahul cannot speak because if he speaks people will think he is interfering with the PM. None of the other ministers also speak....They should speak," he added.
Pitroda was speaking on the sidelines of an event organised to inaugurate India`s first trans-disciplinary health University- `Institute of Trans-disciplinary Health Sciences and Technology` (IHST).
Stating that it was necessary to take the message of achievements of Congress to the public and that the party has not done a good job in this regard, he said there was still time to do so. "I`m very confident.... There is enough time."
Recalling that many had predicted that the Congress would
lose the 2004 polls, Pitroda said the facts revealed that the situation was very different.
He said part of the problem in India was that people have `outsourced` their thinking... Something which cannot be done. Today people have outsourced thinking to media, he said.
On the scams the UPA government is allegedly involved in, he said things tended to be blown out of proportion.
"If you take telecom - telecom was a notional loss. 2G scam as people call it - to me it just happened, we didn`t lose money; low cost spectrum benefits you and me because our cost per call is going to be low, so money - government did not get, people got it," he added.
Clarifying that he did not have much knowledge on the coal scam, he said when one does hundreds of things, there were bound to be a few things done wrong. "So if you don`t like criticism, don`t do anything."
Terming as unfortunate, the sudden death of Sunanda Pushkar, wife of minister of state for HRD Shashi Tharoor, he said the couple are family friends. "I feel for the family."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy