Congress hits back at Kejriwal with CD bomb
Lucknow: Ahead of India Against Corruption (IAC) activist-politician Arvind Kejriwal’s protest rally in External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid’s Farrukhabad constituency on Thursday, Congress has dropped a CD bomb on the former RTI activist to weaken his campaign against its senior politician.
The CD allegedly contains conversations between the Union Minister’s wife Louise Khurshid and IAC convener Lakshman Singh and the two agreeing to a secret deal.
As per a report published by leading daily Navbharat Times, the CD shows Singh setting a condition – the removal of city Congress chief Punni Shukla- for suspending Kejriwal’s agitation against the Union Minister.
The CD was distributed to reporters during a press conference on Wednesday by district Congress chief Aftab Hussain, who said, “The IAC led by Arvind Kejriwal and his team has been completely exposed now and their alleged misdeeds have been brought to the public through this CD.”
However, the IAC activists later warned that they will file a defamation case in this regard. State Working Committee member of the IAC Omendra Singh also rejected the CD, saying it was doctored to defame his organization.
The IAC activist said that the CD was the handiwork of corrupt Congress workers to defame Kejriwal and his battle against corruption.
Both Kejriwal and the senior Congress politician are not on good terms ever since the former accused the latter of alleged misappropriation of funds through his wife Louise Khurshid`s NGO meant for the differently-abled persons.
Kejriwal is all set to reach Khurshid’s constituency to renew his battle against him. However, he is set to face huge protest by the Congress workers and Khurshid’s supporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'