Congress hits back at Kejriwal with CD bomb
Lucknow: Ahead of India Against Corruption (IAC) activist-politician Arvind Kejriwal’s protest rally in External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid’s Farrukhabad constituency on Thursday, Congress has dropped a CD bomb on the former RTI activist to weaken his campaign against its senior politician.
The CD allegedly contains conversations between the Union Minister’s wife Louise Khurshid and IAC convener Lakshman Singh and the two agreeing to a secret deal.
As per a report published by leading daily Navbharat Times, the CD shows Singh setting a condition – the removal of city Congress chief Punni Shukla- for suspending Kejriwal’s agitation against the Union Minister.
The CD was distributed to reporters during a press conference on Wednesday by district Congress chief Aftab Hussain, who said, “The IAC led by Arvind Kejriwal and his team has been completely exposed now and their alleged misdeeds have been brought to the public through this CD.”
However, the IAC activists later warned that they will file a defamation case in this regard. State Working Committee member of the IAC Omendra Singh also rejected the CD, saying it was doctored to defame his organization.
The IAC activist said that the CD was the handiwork of corrupt Congress workers to defame Kejriwal and his battle against corruption.
Both Kejriwal and the senior Congress politician are not on good terms ever since the former accused the latter of alleged misappropriation of funds through his wife Louise Khurshid`s NGO meant for the differently-abled persons.
Kejriwal is all set to reach Khurshid’s constituency to renew his battle against him. However, he is set to face huge protest by the Congress workers and Khurshid’s supporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY