Congress hits back at Kejriwal with CD bomb
Lucknow: Ahead of India Against Corruption (IAC) activist-politician Arvind Kejriwal’s protest rally in External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid’s Farrukhabad constituency on Thursday, Congress has dropped a CD bomb on the former RTI activist to weaken his campaign against its senior politician.
The CD allegedly contains conversations between the Union Minister’s wife Louise Khurshid and IAC convener Lakshman Singh and the two agreeing to a secret deal.
As per a report published by leading daily Navbharat Times, the CD shows Singh setting a condition – the removal of city Congress chief Punni Shukla- for suspending Kejriwal’s agitation against the Union Minister.
The CD was distributed to reporters during a press conference on Wednesday by district Congress chief Aftab Hussain, who said, “The IAC led by Arvind Kejriwal and his team has been completely exposed now and their alleged misdeeds have been brought to the public through this CD.”
However, the IAC activists later warned that they will file a defamation case in this regard. State Working Committee member of the IAC Omendra Singh also rejected the CD, saying it was doctored to defame his organization.
The IAC activist said that the CD was the handiwork of corrupt Congress workers to defame Kejriwal and his battle against corruption.
Both Kejriwal and the senior Congress politician are not on good terms ever since the former accused the latter of alleged misappropriation of funds through his wife Louise Khurshid`s NGO meant for the differently-abled persons.
Kejriwal is all set to reach Khurshid’s constituency to renew his battle against him. However, he is set to face huge protest by the Congress workers and Khurshid’s supporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP