Congress hits back at Narendra Modi, says PM seat isn`t everything
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
New Delhi: The Congress party on Sunday hit back at Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi saying his allegations were baseless.
Taking on Modi`s allegations of lax internal security during the UPA regime, Congress leader Shobha Ozha retorted, “When terrorists entered Kargil, which government was in power? Modi has no right to question Congress.”
Ozha blamed the Gujarat CM for spreading misinformation to bolster his own ambitions. “PM banne ka sapna leke Modi ji do saal se bhatak rahe hai. Lagta hai wo PM banne ke liye kuch bhi kar sakte hai. Narendra Modi has been harbouring dreams of becoming the prime minister for the past two years and he can go to any extent to turn his ambition into reality,” said Shobha Ozha.
“For Congress leaders, the PM seat isn`t everything,” she added.
Expressing concern over inflow of drugs from across the border, Modi in a rally in Punjab today said that the jawans deployed at borders need to be made accountable if such activity takes place.
The BJP leader also accused Congress-led UPA of feigning ignorance on influx of drugs and fake currency from across the border.
Modi said that the security at the borders of the country needed to be tightened as it is the demand of the present time.
"We must not allow our youth to fall prey to drugs at any cost," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29