Congress hits back at Rajnath, says BJP spreading `communalitis`
New Delhi: Hitting back at BJP chief Rajnath Singh over his comments that Congress is spreading "secularitis" in the country, Union Minister Manish Tewari on Friday said BJP spreads "communalitis, sectarianitis, fundamentalistitis and obscurantistites."
"BJP-Cong spreading secularitis! BJP spreads communalitis, sectarianitis, fundamentalistitis and obscurantistites. What ites helps idea of India?(sic)" The Information and Broadcasting minister wrote on Twitter.
The BJP chief, in a press conference in Lucknow yesterday, referring to the 2002 post Godhra riots had said that while in this instance guilt had been punished, it had not happened in other cases. He had then gone on to attack Congress saying it was spreading "secularitis" in the country.
"Gujarat riots were not provoked by the CM, but who provoked 1984 anti-Sikh riots is know to all. Who said that when a big tree falls then earth shakes. Congress like encephalitis, is spreading the disease of secularitis in the country," Singh had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan