Congress hits back at Rajnath, says BJP spreading `communalitis`
New Delhi: Hitting back at BJP chief Rajnath Singh over his comments that Congress is spreading "secularitis" in the country, Union Minister Manish Tewari on Friday said BJP spreads "communalitis, sectarianitis, fundamentalistitis and obscurantistites."
"BJP-Cong spreading secularitis! BJP spreads communalitis, sectarianitis, fundamentalistitis and obscurantistites. What ites helps idea of India?(sic)" The Information and Broadcasting minister wrote on Twitter.
The BJP chief, in a press conference in Lucknow yesterday, referring to the 2002 post Godhra riots had said that while in this instance guilt had been punished, it had not happened in other cases. He had then gone on to attack Congress saying it was spreading "secularitis" in the country.
"Gujarat riots were not provoked by the CM, but who provoked 1984 anti-Sikh riots is know to all. Who said that when a big tree falls then earth shakes. Congress like encephalitis, is spreading the disease of secularitis in the country," Singh had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption