Congress hits out at Baba Ramdev
New Delhi: Congress on Thursday hit out at yoga guru Ramdev, who has announced his entry into the fast moving consumer goods and herbal retail markets with his `swadeshi`
line of products, saying the move called for introspection if one should do business or politics in saffron clothes.
"While we should not comment on anybody`s personal
business, it does call for introspection whether one should be
doing business or politics in saffron clothes," party
spokesperson Manish Tewari told reporters while reacting to
questions on Ramdev`s announcement.
Flanked by close aide Balkrishna in New Delhi, the yoga
guru disclosed his plans to sell his brand Patanjali`s
products in the open market from over one lakh `swadeshi
kendras` which he planned to set up across the country by
April this year.
"There are people who will see only business in this
venture, but I consider this my rashtra dharm (national duty)
"Yoga, Ayurveda and swadeshi are not a profession but a
mission for us," Ramdev said.
In response to a question that Congress General Secretary
Digvijay Singh had called him a `maha thug` (super cheat),
Ramdev said he was someone who could set cheats right.
Ramdev said there were people who could say all kinds of
things even against great men like Mahatma Gandhi, Bal
Gangadhar Tilak and others whom he considered his ideals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note