Congress is like Phoenix: Antony
Thiruvananthapuram: Comparing Congress to the Phoenix, Union Minister AK Antony on Saturday said the party would resurrect itself like the mythical bird whenever it becomes weak.
Most of the organisations that came into being when the Congress was floated have ceased to exist. Some of them are on the verge of extinction, he said at a book release function at the Kerala PCC headquarters here.
Whenever the Congress becomes weak and many people think that it would be buried, but it rises like the Phoenix, Antony said.
Stating that Congress was a party that understands and accept changes of the time, Antony said it would go ahead with making policies and programmes suited to the changing times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves