Congress is like Phoenix: Antony
Thiruvananthapuram: Comparing Congress to the Phoenix, Union Minister AK Antony on Saturday said the party would resurrect itself like the mythical bird whenever it becomes weak.
Most of the organisations that came into being when the Congress was floated have ceased to exist. Some of them are on the verge of extinction, he said at a book release function at the Kerala PCC headquarters here.
Whenever the Congress becomes weak and many people think that it would be buried, but it rises like the Phoenix, Antony said.
Stating that Congress was a party that understands and accept changes of the time, Antony said it would go ahead with making policies and programmes suited to the changing times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO