Congress issues whip to Lok Sabha MPs
New Delhi: In a bid to ensure that the Finance Bill is passed without any hitch, the Congress has issued a whip to all its MPs to be present for seven days of the Lok Sabha proceedings starting April 20.
According to sources, Congress` chief whip Paban Singh Ghatowar issued a three-line whip Friday.
The government is apprehensive that the journey of the finance bill may not be smooth this time when it is presented April 22.
The Samajwadi Party and the Rashtriya Janata Dal, which had announced withdrawal of support to the government over the Women`s Reservation Bill last month, have threatened to join the opposition in bringing a cut motion on budget proposals demanding a rollback in prices of petrol, diesel and fertilisers.
Both, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Left parties have already announced that they will introduce cut motions in parliament on budget proposals.
When budget proposals are presented before parliament for approval, an MP can question a budgetary allocation in the form of a cut motion. If that is implemented, it amounts to a vote of no confidence in the government, which is then obliged to quit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- 'Iron Lady' Irom Sharmila to end 16-year fast on August 9, contest elections in Manipur
- PHOTO: Vivian Richards' son Mali captures Virat Kohli's knock in painting
- SHOCKING: Bernie Ecclestone's mother-in-law kidnapped in Brazil, abductors demand $36.5 m as ransom
- Badshah's Hindi cover of Justin Bieber’s 'Sorry' is out and, dayum, it's addictive!
- Subramanian Swamy wants discussion on Mahatma Gandhi killing in Rajya Sabha