Congress keeping every principle of democracy at stake: Prakash Javadekar
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Sunday said that Railway Minister, Pawan Kumar Bansal was a partner in the bribery case, which saw his nephew get arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
In New Delhi, BJP spokesperson, Prakash Javadekar reiterated the opposition``s demand for Bansal``s dismissal. "The stance of the Congress party to deny the dismissal of Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal shows that they have now decided to keep every principle of democracy at stake.
The person giving the bribe has been arrested, the person taking the bribe has been arrested and he is none other than the nephew of the Railway Minister," said Javadekar. Bansal``s nephew, Singla has been booked by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the bribery case involving high ranking railway official, Mahesh Kumar who took charge as a Member of the Railway Board just two days ago.
According to CBI, Singla took a bribe of Rs. 9 million from Kumar through a middleman for a lucrative position in the Railway Board. Sleuths of the CBI raided Singla``s residence at Chandigarh and also detained him later for interrogation. BJP leader, Kirit Somaiya revealed documents showing the details of Pawan Bansal``s residence and companies in Chandigarh and accused him of jointly running such operations with his nephew. He alleged that companies were being formed at the residential address of Pawan Bansal and that his sons and his nephew who live with him in a joint family are conducting this business in partnership.
Rashid Masood, however said that there was space for vicarious liability in criminal law and Bansal cannot be charged for his nephew``s crimes. He said: ""There is no vicarious liability in criminal law. If the nephew has done the crime than he would face the consequences under law and if Mr. Bansal is also found involved then he will also be indicted. But I don``t think Bansal is responsible." The CBI detained Kumar, General Manager (Western railways), in Mumbai and registered a case under the Prevention of Corruption Act and the Indian penal code (IPC) against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe