Congress leader blasts Jairam Ramesh, tells him to join Narendra Modi
Chhatarpur: Senior Congress leader Satyavrat Chaturvedi on Friday called Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi "arrogant person", alleging that this led to veteran BJP leader LK Advani recently offering resignation from party posts.
"Narendra Modi is an arrogant person and due to him, even senior BJP leader LK Advani had to offer his resignation," Chaturvedi said, talking to reporters here.
Interestingly, Chaturvedi, answering a question, also criticised Union Minister and fellow Congressman Jairam Ramesh, who had yesterday dubbed Modi as a challenge for the Congress.
Chaturvedi said that if Ramesh had said so, he "should go to Gujarat and join Modi`s party", after resigning from the Congress.
Ramesh had called Modi "India`s first authentic fascist", and said that the Gujarat Chief Minister would certainly pose a challenge for Congress.
About BJP-JD (U) alliance, Chaturvedi said Modi was ruining the NDA which had become almost defunct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS