Congress leader Manish Tewari not to contest Lok Sabha elections: Reports
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Union Minister Manish Tewari will not contest 2014 General Elections scheduled to be held on April 30 in Punjab this year, as per the reports.
The I&B Minister is a sitting MP from Ludhiana in Punjab and also a senior Congress party spokesman.
Tewari (48) was on Saturday admitted to a south Delhi hospital for treatment of a heart ailment. He has cited poor health as the reason behind his decision.
However, he had recently trashed reports about him changing his constituency and had said that he was all prepared to contest from Ludhiana if his party would decide to field him.
While speculations on all parties` candidatures are doing the rounds, Tewari`s decision to not contest election leaves many with doubts as to whom will the Congress field from Ludhiana constituency.
On the other hand, Aam Aadmi Party has fielded noted Supreme Court lawyer HS Phoolka from Ludhiana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project
- Mumbai Taxi-rickshaw strike 'put on hold'
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS