Congress leader Manish Tewari not to contest Lok Sabha elections: Reports
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Union Minister Manish Tewari will not contest 2014 General Elections scheduled to be held on April 30 in Punjab this year, as per the reports.
The I&B Minister is a sitting MP from Ludhiana in Punjab and also a senior Congress party spokesman.
Tewari (48) was on Saturday admitted to a south Delhi hospital for treatment of a heart ailment. He has cited poor health as the reason behind his decision.
However, he had recently trashed reports about him changing his constituency and had said that he was all prepared to contest from Ludhiana if his party would decide to field him.
While speculations on all parties` candidatures are doing the rounds, Tewari`s decision to not contest election leaves many with doubts as to whom will the Congress field from Ludhiana constituency.
On the other hand, Aam Aadmi Party has fielded noted Supreme Court lawyer HS Phoolka from Ludhiana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya