Congress leader Manish Tewari not to contest Lok Sabha elections: Reports
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Union Minister Manish Tewari will not contest 2014 General Elections scheduled to be held on April 30 in Punjab this year, as per the reports.
The I&B Minister is a sitting MP from Ludhiana in Punjab and also a senior Congress party spokesman.
Tewari (48) was on Saturday admitted to a south Delhi hospital for treatment of a heart ailment. He has cited poor health as the reason behind his decision.
However, he had recently trashed reports about him changing his constituency and had said that he was all prepared to contest from Ludhiana if his party would decide to field him.
While speculations on all parties` candidatures are doing the rounds, Tewari`s decision to not contest election leaves many with doubts as to whom will the Congress field from Ludhiana constituency.
On the other hand, Aam Aadmi Party has fielded noted Supreme Court lawyer HS Phoolka from Ludhiana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you