Congress leader Manish Tewari not to contest Lok Sabha elections: Reports
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Union Minister Manish Tewari will not contest 2014 General Elections scheduled to be held on April 30 in Punjab this year, as per the reports.
The I&B Minister is a sitting MP from Ludhiana in Punjab and also a senior Congress party spokesman.
Tewari (48) was on Saturday admitted to a south Delhi hospital for treatment of a heart ailment. He has cited poor health as the reason behind his decision.
However, he had recently trashed reports about him changing his constituency and had said that he was all prepared to contest from Ludhiana if his party would decide to field him.
While speculations on all parties` candidatures are doing the rounds, Tewari`s decision to not contest election leaves many with doubts as to whom will the Congress field from Ludhiana constituency.
On the other hand, Aam Aadmi Party has fielded noted Supreme Court lawyer HS Phoolka from Ludhiana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Ex-Haryana speaker SS Kadian jailed for 7 years in graft case
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan welcomes appointment of Urjit Patel as his successor
- French court suspends burkini ban after challenge
- Flipkart rejigs top order to 'simplify' organisation
- PM Modi announces task force to prepare action plan for next three Olympic Games